A lightweight aluminum grooved shank, easily installed, field repairable, and reattachable coupling.
Designed for use with large diameter layflat hose, the coupling consists of a hose shank and a Red Head Brass segmented Kwik- Tach clamp collar.
One end of the shank is machined to accept the mating collar. The opposite end has a machined groove.
The clamp collar is easily assembled to the hose using a hex (Allen) wrench.
- 4" and 6"
Configurations & Features:
- The Kwik-Tach clamp collar allows for re-tightening after initial hose pressurization
- 4" thru 6" shanks and collar segments are machined from 6061-T6 aluminum seamless extrusions
- Shanks and collars are hardcoat anodized to MIL-A-8625 Type III, Class 1
- Shanks have undulating diameters to provide for secure and leak proof hose attachment. Collar segment diameters are sized to match mating shank diameters and hose thickness
- Collar segments are drilled and tapped on one end with a corresponding clearance hole on the opposite end
- Outside collar diameters sized to provide added abrasion resistance for the hose and radiused to reduce hang-ups when dragging
- Clamp Bolts are high tensile Alloy Steel per ASTM A574 with Zinc yellow dichromate plating per QQ-Z-325, Type II for corrosion resistance. (Strength equivalent to Grade 9 Bolt)